Topics Map > Employee Handbook > IT Resources
ETS - Zoom - Distance Communication Options for Non-Extension
Division of Extension Employees and Integrated Specialists (Extension Staff) use Zoom as a distance communication tool in support of their work and educational efforts. Extension Staff are not allowed to set up meetings or webinars on behalf of non-employees. Non-employees have multiple distance communication options available to them (listed below).
- The Division of Extension purchases a limited number of Zoom licenses for employees and integrated specialists, hereafter referred to as "Extension Staff".
- Under Extension's Zoom license agreement, Extension Staff can use Zoom in support of their work and educational efforts. Extension Staff are not allowed to set up meetings or webinars on the behalf of those who do not have an Extension Zoom account.
- Extension Zoom accounts allow for one meeting at any given time. It is not possible for Extension Staff to set up multiple meetings at the same time with different meeting IDs. Doing so will cause those who are currently in a meeting (setup on an Extension Staff member's account) to have their Zoom meeting terminated with no warning.
- Extension Staff who are the host or who have been assigned the co-host role should be present in any Zoom meeting set up on an Extension Zoom account.
- Further details on Extension Zoom can be found at: https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/edtech/zoom/
Video Meetings Options for Non-Extension Staff
|Distance Communication Tool||Link||Description|
|Zoom Basic||https://zoom.us/pricing||Free - Meetings for a limited number of participants for up to 40 minutes.|
|Zoom Pro||https://zoom.us/pricing||$14.99 per month - Up to 100 participants per meeting. No time limit.|
|Google Meet||https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9282720?hl=en||Free - Restrictions vary based on whether ]using Google Suite or regular Gmail as a host account.|
|Cisco WebEx||https://help.webex.com/en-us/n80v1rcb/Cisco-Webex-Available-Free-in-These-Countries-COVID-19-Response||Free during the COVID-19 Pandemic|
|Microsoft Teams||https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2020/03/05/our-commitment-to-customers-during-covid-19/||Microsoft has tools within their MS Teams platform, both for paid and free users available as part of their response to the pandemic.|
|UberConference||https://www.uberconference.com/||Limited free option with up to 50 participants. Paid expanded options.|