Topics Map > Volunteer Management
Volunteer Management - Onboarding - Training
All volunteers are currently required to complete Mandated Reporter and Volunteer in Preparation (VIP) training. Check back each year for updates to training requirements!
Steps to Complete Requirement
- Inform prospective volunteers of training requirements, including Mandated Reporter and VIP training.
- Provide volunteers with class schedules and links to training.
- Record and retain records of completion.
Mandated Reporter Online Training
- Interactive Mandated Reporter Online Training is available. Choose the UW System option when selecting your affiliation.
- If volunteers have difficulty with the interactive training, they can view it as a video.
- This version will take longer (over 100 minutes), but can be easier to use depending on the technology available.
- Note that there is NO EXAM (this only applies if completed through 4-H online) and NO ability to print certificate (this has been turned off).
- Until the training is moved to a new platform, volunteers need to be on-their-honor regarding completion.
Volunteer in Preparation (VIP) Training
- The Volunteer in Preparation (VIP) Training Presentation should be presented or provided to all Extension volunteers by their program manager.
- A recommended follow-up conversation between the volunteer and program manager to provide clarification and answer any questions from the training is recommended.
Updated Youth Protection Modules
- In September 2022, an updated youth protection module will be available for all volunteers who work in programs offering custodial care.
- Volunteers in youth programs offering custodial care are also required to complete training on reporting incidents to sexual misconduct.
- Register for training at https://youthtraining.compliance.wisc.edu/.
- Parts 1 and 2 are required for programs that take place off campus. Part 3 is relevant only to programs that occur on university property.
For assistance, contact the Volunteer Management Specialist at email@example.com