Topics Map > Employee Handbook > IT Resources
Divisional HR - Payroll & Benefits - Access Your Electronic W-2 (Off-Campus)
If you are an Extension employee who would like to access tax forms electronically, but do not have direct access to a UW network, please follow the instructions below.
- UW-Madison employees have the option to choose electronic-only distribution of W-2 and 1095-C forms.
- Any employee that elects electronic-only distribution will NOT receive a paper copy of the forms(s) via U.S. mail.
- In order to access the electronic-only W-2 and 1095-C forms, the employee must be logged into a UW network (either connected directly to a UW network or connected remotely using VPN).
- Many Division of Extension employees do not work on a UW campus or have direct access to a UW network. These employees will need to install and use the WiscVPN client to access these forms electronically.
Accessing Tax Forms Electronically using WiscVPN
- Find the instructions for your operating system and download and install the PaloAlto GlobalProtect VPN Client.
- Note: County-based Extension employees without administrative rights may need to work with their County IT Representatives to install.
- If you have any questions or need help installing and connecting please contact the DoIT Help Desk.
- Connect to the VPN using your UW-Madison NetID and password (included in instructions for installing on your OS).
- Follow these instructions to view and print your tax forms.