Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Compliance > Civil Rights
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Onboarding > New Employee Checklists > All New Employees > 1st Month
Compliance - Civil Rights - 101 Training
All UW-Madison Division of Extension employees are required to complete Civil Rights 101 within the first 30 days of their employment.
All new employees
- As a recipient of federal funding, Extension must comply with specific federal nondiscrimination laws and policies. These laws and policies prohibit discrimination in Extension programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
- It is important that all employees understand these obligations, even those who are not directly involved in educational programming.
- New employees must complete the Civil Rights 101 course within 30 days of their first day of work.
- Go to the Canvas course enrollment webpage (Note that a NetID is required to enroll).
- Click the “Enroll in Course” button.
- Click the “Go to the Course” button.
- Allow 45 minutes to complete all four lessons. It is not necessary to finish all lessons at once; progress is saved.
- When done with the course, fill out the certificate form to confirm completion. You will receive an email with your certificate attached. There may be a brief delay before the email arrives.
Questions? Contact the Office of Access, Inclusion, and Compliance: email@example.com.