Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Contracts & Agreements > General Signatory Agreements (GSA)
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Contracts & Agreements > Space Use Agreements (SUA)
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Contracts & Agreements > Zero-Dollar Event Contracts
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Contracts & Agreements > Event Contracts
Contracts & Agreements - Determine Approval Process for Contract/Agreement
Extension employees should use the information below to determine which type of agreement/contract they need to sign and which workflow they should follow to have it signed by UW-Madison.
Prior to beginning, please be sure to review Contracts & Agreements - Divisional Policy & Guidance for instructions that include changes to past practices.
Use the decision matrix to determine which workflow you will need to use.
|Question||General Signatory Authority (GSA) Workflow||Space Use Agreement (SUA) Workflow||Event Contract Workflow|
|Question #1 - Agreement?||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Question #2 - Agreement Type?||General Signatory Agreements||Space Use Agreements (Rent employee office space)||Event Contract|
|Question #3 - Pay for Goods/Services?||No||No||Yes|
Question #1: Does the agreement (contract) purport to create a binding legal or financial obligation upon the University?
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Memorandum of Agreement (MOA)
- Membership Agreement
- Partnership Agreement
- Internship Agreement
- Consulting Agreement
- Other Non-Purchasing Agreement
- Space Use Agreements
- Facilities Rental Agreement
- Facility Use Agreement
- Interagency Space Use Agreement
- Land Rental Agreement
- Land Use Agreement
Requires University to pay money for either goods or services for an off-campus event.
- Event facility rental or space use agreements
- Zero-Cost Event Facilities Rental Agreement
- Catering Contracts
- Hotel Contracts
- Speaker Contracts
- Entertainer Contracts
Other Contract Falling under Signatories with Limited Delegation
Agreements that do not require signature by UW-Madison
- Contracts paid for by funds from external accounts (non UW-Madison).
- Individual annual memberships to professional associations (e.g. WACAA, WEECDA, etc.).
- FoodWIse letters of support to partners applying for grants if they do not obligate university resources, including employee time.