Topics Map > Supervisor Toolkit > 2.8 Office Space & Equipment
Topics Map > Supervisor Toolkit > 2.2 Employee Performance > 2.2.1 Onboarding
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.5 Educational Technology Support > 4.5.7 Hardware & Equipment
ETS - Hardware - Supported PC Laptop/Desktop and Printers
Computers purchased by Extension staff for business purposes must meet Divisional requirements for standardized hardware. These requirements are based on UW Madison's Departmental Support supported computer models. If an employee purchases a computer that does not meet Divisional requirements it will not be supported and there may be loss of access to Extension and UW-Madison resources.
Please initiate all hardware requests by filling out the following form: https://forms.gle/SBPVqdw7yHCMSMFn8
- When looking to purchase new computer hardware, your first point of contact should be your local IT support team. For county based colleagues, this is typically the local county IT department.
- Computer systems used by Division of Extension staff must follow UW Madison Department of Cyber Security policy.
- The Division of Extension requires that all computer hardware requests and purchases go through your primary IT Support unit (typically either your county IT unit or ETS - Educational Technology Support.)
- Requests will be routed to ETS via the DoIT Help Desk.
- At this time, Extension is utilizing UW Madison's recommendations for supported hardware.
- This includes a small number of specially configured Dell Laptops and Desktops as well as a few printer options. The current supported hardware list can be found at this link.
- ETS will work with you to determine how the computer will be supported, and how best to proceed with your order.
Note on Unsupported Hardware
- At this time Division of Extension is only supporting Dell Latitude 7400 series laptops. Other hardware, including monitors, printers, and accessories are approved based on the current recommendations of UW Madison - DoIT and current UW System policy.
- At this time Division of Extension does not provide support for Apple Macbooks, iMacs or iPads.
- If you are located on the UW Madison campus and eligible for DoIT Departmental Support services, you may request a Mac. Please note that while DoIT Departmental Support does provide Apple/Mac support services, this support is limited. Their preferred technology is the Dell Windows based laptops and desktops.