Topics Map > Employee Handbook > 1.3 Onboarding > 1.3.1 All New Employees
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.7 Human Resources > 4.7.2 Onboarding
Onboarding Checklist - New Employees - All New Employees - First Year
All new Division of Extension employees must complete a set of tasks within the first year of employment. This onboarding checklist is designed to complement information that is sent to all new hires by the Administrative Services Unit (ASU). If new employees have any questions regarding the tasks below, they should work with their supervisor. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete Mandatory Cybersecurity Awareness Training (by December 1st)
All new employees
- Training is part of your employment obligation and is required per the UW System Board of Regents (see UW System Administrative Policy 1032 Information Security: Awareness). Learning how to be more cyber secure is also an important part of keeping data, privacy, and IT systems protected and secure.
- If you are a new hire, you need to complete it each year by December 1st (as mandated for all employees).
- Go to https://it.wisc.edu/it-projects/cybersecurity-awareness-training/#started.
- Click the "Log In Using NetID" button.
- Click the red "Login" button.
- Enter your NetID username and password
Questions? Contact the DoIT Help Desk
Complete Summary Evaluation
- All University Staff, non-faculty Academic Staff and Limited appointments.
- This policy applies to full or part-time Academic and University Staff employees with defined or anticipated appointments greater than one year and Limited Appointees.
- The annual performance review is a requirement of UW-Madison. As an Extension employee you are a co-owner of the performance management process. Part of your role and responsibility is to collaborate with your supervisor to align your work with Extension’s mission, vision, values, and programmatic priorities and to ensure that you understand how your work fits into the Extension’s larger picture and strategic direction.
- New employees will have a probationary performance management cycle. This cycle will be different for each employee. It will consist of 6 months or 12 months depending on an employee appointment classification. After the probationary period, the employee will be enrolled into Extension's performance cycle (January 1st - December 31st).
- Extension's performance management cycle runs January 1st - December 31st each year.
- You will not initiate this action. You supervisor will initiate the summary evaluation.
For additional performance management information, resources and tools go to the Performance Management SharePoint Site
Questions? Contact email@example.com