Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.6 Financial Services
Topics Map > Supervisor Toolkit > 2.5 Contracts & Agreements > 2.5.1 General Signatory Agreements (GSA)
Contracts & Agreements - General Signatory Agreements (GSA) - Create a New Approval Request
As part of the General Signatory Agreement (GSA) workflow, an Extension supervisor will need to submit an approval request for the agreement. This step should be completed after both the requestor and supervisor have signed the agreement cover sheet.
Note: These instructions must be completed by a supervisor.
Navigate to the GSA SharePoint Site
Create a New Approval Request
- From the General Signatory Agreements workflow home screen, select “New GSA Approval Request”
Title: Use the same format as the title of the document set.
- [Name of Requestor] - [Type of Agreement] - [Outside Organization/Signatory]
General Signatory Agreement Set Link: Select the document set you created by selecting its name.
General Signatory Agreement Type: Select the type of agreement you are submitting.
- Email address of the Assistant Dean or Institute Director;
- The supervisor should select their supervisor.
- If the requestor is an Assistant Dean or Institute Director - they should select themselves.
- You can find names on the Staff Directory Leadership page.
- By when would you like to have the agreement signed?
- This field does not guarantee that the agreement will be fully executed by the requested date.
- Give yourself a head start and request the agreement a month in advance!
Submit Request for Approval
- Head to the General Signatory Agreement Approval list.
- When you save the form you will be taken to this page.
- Otherwise go to the GSA SharePoint Site and click "View GSA Requests"
- Select the Space Request Form you would like to submit for approval.
- In the list, click the icon/words in the “Start Approval” column.
- Select "Run Flow"
- If you refresh the page, you will see the Approval Status changes to “Pending”. Once the Assistant Dean/Institute Director and Chief Financial Officer review and approve/reject the status will change.