Topics Map > Employee Handbook > Planning & Reporting
Planning & Reporting - Policy
All colleagues involved in educational programming are required to report on their work. Reporting allows Extension to be accountable to those who provide our funds. Under the Policy section below colleagues can find important information around what is expected of them in terms of reporting requirements and deadlines.
Planning & Reporting Requirements for Educational Programming, Research and Outreach
Data Governance Steering Committee:
Christian Schmieder (Data Governance Leader)
Planning and reporting requirements are set to ensure timely and accurate reporting to a wide array of stakeholders regarding the work Extension colleagues do. The Planning & Reporting Portal is the means by which Extension educators report on this work.
Definitions of specific reported records can be found in the Planning & Reporting Portal under “Help & Information”.
Planning and reporting requirements apply to all extension employees involved in educational programming.
Colleagues Required to Report on Their Work
All colleagues involved in educational programming are required to report on their work.
Records Colleagues are Required to Report
- Participation Records
- Local Activity and Expanding Access Records
- Contains: Abstract Sentence, Outcome Statement, Expanding Access Information
- Partnering Organization Records
- Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Community/Outreach Events & Media Outreach Records
- Business Development Assistance
- A Plan of Work (Optional--though highly encouraged)
General Reporting Deadlines
- All reporting is due quarterly and at the half-year mark of the calendar year, unless otherwise stated.
- All requirements are minimal requirements and may differ based on your Extension Program.
- Your affiliated Extension Program, Program Manager, or Associate Dean may provide you with a policy that may modify these institutional requirements.
Concrete Reporting Deadlines
- January 31, 2020: Individual Plans of Work
- April 30: Participation Records, Local Activity & Expanding Access, Community Events & Media Outreach
- June 30: Participation Records, Local Activity & Expanding Access, Community Events & Media Outreach, Partnering Organizations, Published Products, Business Development Assistance
- September 30: Participation Records, Local Activity & Expanding Access, Community Events & Media Outreach
- January 8, 2021: Participation Records, Local Activity & Expanding Access, Community Events & Media Outreach, Partnering Organizations, Published Products, Business Development Assistance
Reporting Frequency by Record Type
Institutional policy states that all colleagues involved in educational programming are required to report, the following records at the noted intervals:
- Participation Records [Quarterly]
- Local Activity & Expanding Access [Quarterly, 1 minimum per half year]
- Community Events and Media Outreach [Quarterly]
- Partnering Organizations [Every half year]
- Published Products [Every half year]
- NEW in 2020: Business Assistance [Every half year]
Reporting Plans of Work
All colleagues in programming roles are encouraged and asked to write a Plan of Work.
Reporting for New Colleagues
- All new colleagues should be tracking their participation and entering that data as they begin to complete educational contacts.
- Colleagues with less than 6 months of experience do not have to complete the narrative components (Local Activity & Expanding Access).
- A plan of work is due after 6 (or more) months of employment, after you have participated in the Plan of Work training sessions at on-boarding.
Related Division of Extension or UW-Madison Documents
January 1, 2020