Topics Map > Policies
Topics Map > Operational Support Resources > 4.5 Educational Technology Support
Topics Map > Employee Handbook > 1.3 Onboarding > 1.3.1 All New Employees
Topics Map > Supervisor Toolkit > 2.2 Employee Performance > 2.2.1 Onboarding
ETS - O365 - Extension Email Address Format
The Division of Extension requires all employees to use their firstname.lastname@example.org email address as their primary address. It is also recommended for Extension persons of interest (county support staff, integrated specialists, emeritus).
- The Division of Extension requires that all employees activate their email@example.com email address and set it as their primary email address.
- Certain Division of Extension systems rely on the firstname.lastname email address for access.
- Using firstname.lastname makes everyone’s email address more consistent, professional, and readable.
Follow these steps to change your preferred name: DoIT - O365 - How to Change Your Preferred Name
How to Activate and Set as Primary
- Go to Wisc Account Administration.
- Log in with your UW-Madison NetID credentials.
- Follow these instructions to complete the activation.
- Follow these instructions to set this address as your primary.
- Follow these instructions to set your primary campus email address to first.last.
- Review the additional steps to complete when changing your primary address.
How to Get Help
If you run into any issues, contact the DoIT Help Desk. Please identify yourself as the “Division of Extension.”